PDA

View Full Version : JUst another normal Cheetah

Anette Mossbacher
09-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Looks like I am now glued on my Cheetah RAWs this week. Well I have to make up for Rachel with cats :w3

Same morning as the other normal Cheetah, but this is the brother which was sitting further off to the right. As always very curious those cats.

Cropped for comp matters :2eyes2: they made me nuts with moving to the right and left within seconds!

Started off in LR with all normal tweaks and settings, pulled in PS CC levels, mid tones and a few tiny tweaks for the eye in the shadow.
I never get eyes to look like Andreas images! Will keep trying.

Everything welcome, as usual

1DX
fake Fiat 500 ( 70-200mm & 2x ext. III) set to 400mm
f/8.0 ( I must have loved f/8 on that trip)
1/320sec
ISO 800

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Hi Anette ,
i love this eyes , perfect IMHO .
All is very well done here , love the colors and the light is gorgeous.

TFS Andreas

Ps : the Ferrari is **** of a lot faster with the 1Dx , compared to the Fiat , but a lot heavier , so making decisions is appropriate

Good to see you posting and commenting

Anette Mossbacher
09-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi Andreas, thanks so much, glad that the eyes got your okay and what about all other things :t3
When the day has come that I can buy me a Fiat 500, as that is how much it costs, I don't care about speed much, than the Mirrorless have taken over the market :w3

Have a great evening, I am slowly throwing myself into the feathers :wave:

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Anette read carefully about all other stuff , Gute Nacht , i will stay awake, off from work tomorrow and the next days .Editing some nice eyes....

Rachel Hollander
09-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi Anette - Before reading your description my first impression was that the shaded eye looked lightened. Beautiful light and warm tones. I do find the bush on the left competing slightly with the cheetah and would again prefer a little more room below. I am glad that you have entered your cheetah/cat phase and look forward to more.

TFS,
Rachel

Morkel Erasmus
09-12-2014, 02:40 AM
Lovely pose and light Anette. I presume there were even more bushes on the RHS (as viewed) so you opted to compose as such? I would consider cropping the bush out from our LHS and presenting a square crop, particularly as the cheetah is sitting staring straight at us. The eye looks a bit too light for me :e3

Gabriela Plesea
09-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Hello Anette!

I am enjoying viewing this cheetah image very much and I like the placement of the subject here, the cheetah's eyes are pointing slightly towards the left side of the frame and thus the composition works well for me. Lots of space on both sides and I like the environment, lovely warm colours and the light is so gorgeous and cheerful.

Talking about equipment, I believe whatever camera/lens you hold in your hands works wonders...Not only you have great pp skills, but you are one such photographer who manages to establish a relationship with the subject, in my opinion. I admire your aesthetic tastes and the fact that you spontaneously capture memorable scenes, one such image is that polar bear (I am sure you know which one I am referring to:tinysmile_shy_t:), simply unforgettable...

I would not change a thing here, please stay glued to the cheetahs for a while and let us see some more:w3 Those amber eyes look fine to me, by the way:S3:

Have great week-end,

Anette Mossbacher
09-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

thanks so much for all your comments.
First the crop, when I place the Cheetah to the left the bush LHS will be in a tad, no matter what. Unless I crop badly, which I really try to avoid.

Now I cropped the way you might all like, but it is quite a big crop! You see yourself how much is in the BG.

The eyes, especially the one you all loved so much as it is fabulous I darkened a bit down, 1 tone!

Rachel, how long do you think their legs are? For me it is enough room, but I know you love more room beneath, oh well, I need than a jar of glue or cloning skills or content aware scale stuff :w3

Morkel, I option for my crop in OP, as Gabriela mentioned, the cheetah looks a bit to the left, I was standing a bit behind, not in the same height, as this one popped up when I found the first one.
I attached the crop you suggested, the square does not work to much. To much space on top, even when I pull it down a bit.

Gabriela, thank you very much for all your compliments, no idea if any camera works for me, well the gadet phone camera gives me some hick ups and the GoPro I need an hour to learn to aim without and LCD panel. My thumb was than the viewfinder :c3: Do you need the polar bear image you mentioned as a print for your fridge? :w3 Can do lah :wave:

Thank you very much everybody for all your time and great comments and suggestions of course

Enjoy the weekend

Ciao
Anette

Mark Needham
09-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Anette - love the RP - works for me (although I liked to OP too, as the bush on the left added some environmental context). Thumbs up! :5

Morkel Erasmus
09-14-2014, 04:18 AM
I get what you mean by the fact that he's looking slightly to the left - the RP is just a cleaner image for me and the head angle doesn't really detract there IMHO. :e3

Gabriela Plesea
09-14-2014, 04:26 AM
Dearest Anette,

A sunny morning here in Hluhluwe and as I started typing my reply I saw through my study window a brown hooded Kingfisher bathing in the pond! On a day like this I really think life is good in Africa:bg3: Cannot shoot the kingfisher, if I open the window I would probably shorten his enjoyment and he will fly away, my cameras right next to me as I am busy checking settings and also looking for potential "dust bunnies"...Talking about the GoPro, you could perhaps use an iPhone to view while you are recording? Not easy and too many gadgets (and batteries!) to carry around, we just bought a Canon Legria HF-G25 for the next trip (yep, a CANON!) and the quality is superb, full HD, 57x zoom and more stability when recording while driving. While someone else is driving, to be correct:bg3:

Anette, I meant it when I said any camera works for you. You have an eye for capturing the unusual, often conveying key elements of the scene which other photographers would probably ignore. I am again referring to some of those polar bear images, simply because I remember them so well, having looked at them again and again. At the time you were posting I became quite curious about those bears and their behaviour. During my search for information I encountered - purely by chance - numerous images of polar bears on other websites. I found some of them to be wonderfully processed, yet a majority gave prominence to a particular aspect of the scene. I then realised a number of your images captured the whole, even though you had to make some choices as to what to include and what to leave out. Some photographs have the potential to stir us, others are beautifully processed and match our aesthetic criteria. The mood, or value, embodied in an particular image is most important to me.

The RP of the cheetah also works well, although I do prefer the OP (since it includes that little bush with golden leaves and I like to think the cheetah's eyes have "stolen" their colours from the environment:S3:)

Have a great day Anette, and yes, I am dreaming of your lonesome polar bear sleeping under the stars, it would make an awesome print for the bedroom wall:w3 (not for the fridge!!!!!) You'd be surprised to know I have no prints of my own photographs in my home, only special images taken by my dearest photographer friends. Andre calls it my " BPN shrine" :bg3:

Warmest regards,

Anette Mossbacher
09-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Mark, Morkel and Gabriela,

thanks so much for your input, sorry for my late reply. Got caught up with the most dead shot place on earth image. I might shouldn't have given that image so much attention, but maybe was worth it.
Anyway, I just put both of the images in my folders and the viewers will decide anyway which one they like. Thank you very much for your time and I do know Morkel what you mean, for sure I do. :w3

Gabriela, so the sleepy head is your fav :bg3:
Rachel would like to have a sharp moon and you the unsharp moon. I prefer the unsharp moon too suits better because it is soft, like a pillow :tinysmile_shy_t:

A print, well you live on the bottom of earth, might can arrange something, will see. The donkey mail or so :w3

Have all a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Two different images for me , prefer the OP .
Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
09-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Hello Anette! I know some day we will have the chance to sit down and talk about photography:w3. Maybe not so much about PP work (since we do this here every day) and then I will want to ask what inspires you, what makes you sail for faraway places - camera in hand, and what was your thinking behind some of your images:w3 We shall discuss the Moon and that lonesome polar bear too:bg3:, for now, may I confess, I like the soft Moon for the very same reason - it conveys the message. And I am very jealous of the bear, he seemed to be quite cosy, despite the coldness in the atmosphere.

Have a wonderful evening too!

Warmest regards,