PDA

View Full Version : White Rhino Infight

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2014, 04:43 AM
Hi all , after a longer :bg3: time i go for a B/W attempt of an old file from a place i will visit very shortly again .
I am very excited about what has changed in 8 years , almost there at the same of the year .

These two have been fighting for a long time as far as my memory tells me , maybe it was not that long ........

Hope i will get this kind of situation again with todays knowledge and kit

Canon EOS 1D MK II
EF 500 IS L
Window bracket

F 8 ; Iso 100 ; 1/320 sec

Processed with DPP and PS CC ; conversion with try out of Tonality Pro from MacPhun software ; final edits in PS , cropped for comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous image

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi Andreas - Nice action and I love that you can see the eye so well. Good textures too. I'm not sure about the conversion though, it seems a little harsh to me but that may be what you were going for here. :eek3:

TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
09-11-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks Rachel for your comment , appreciate it. Yes exactly what i wanted to achieve , and to me it is not looking harsh just some good contrast :wave:.

Carl Walker
09-11-2014, 12:40 PM
An epic battle well captured Andreas. These guys can get really bullish and noisy too when they are at it. I quite like the conversion.
Look forward to meeting you here :S3:

Anette Mossbacher
09-11-2014, 02:30 PM
Hi Andreas,

very nice conversion here. It is a taste matter after all IMHO :bg3: I like your details as usual. Love the action in this one.
As usual, very nice indeed :w3

Enjoy your evening

Ciao
anette

Gabriela Plesea
09-11-2014, 03:32 PM
I love it, I am also fascinated with that wide opened eye of the rhino on the LHS. So vivid! Great conversion, well done Andreas, beautiful detail and action so well captured!

Warmest regards, lekker slaap,

Morkel Erasmus
09-12-2014, 12:14 AM
I like this Andreas, good contrast in the conversion and great action, though I may be tempted to try darker tones in the BG?

I received an offer to try Macphun but first need a Mac to have Phun on :w3, how is it...

Andreas Liedmann
09-12-2014, 12:48 AM
Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .

Morkel in the original the BG is very busy regarding various tones ,the fact has drawn my eyes away from the subject so i lightened all the shrub to keep my eyes to contrast /subjects .Well my thinking , as always very subjective.

Regarding Mac , once your working with this horse , never want to go back for various reasons.

Tonality Pro , well another B/W editor , i do not think it is better than others or worse . It has not that much options as Silver efex , but enough or even too much for my needs as always with this kind of plugs.
The biggest advantage over Silver Efex it is way faster .

Cheers Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
09-12-2014, 03:02 AM
Thanks Andreas.

I love Mac. Sadly, an iMac 27" in SA costs the same as a new 80-400mm lens or a D800e :Whoa!:
will get a Macbook Air for travel and photo downloads on the road first.

Andre Pretorius
09-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Love it Andreas!

Real Velvia look here!

Maybe I must get a saddle for my horse!!