PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile Avocet Feeding

Simon Wantling
09-09-2014, 07:29 AM
Hi all,

Been a while since I posted here. Been so busy with work photography that haven't had much time. Anyway, finally cleared the backlog and went out over the weekend to catch up with some bird photography. It was quite a cloudy day so had to push the ISO up to get the shutter speed, but with the 5D MKiii its just not a worry. A fantastic day out with lots of good waders on show.

Here's an Avocet from the weekend. 5D MKiii, 700mm, f7.1, ISO2000, 1/2000 ss. Processed in LR5,, PS 2014 with levels, and some cleanup of the water.

Hope you like the image and a fantastic forum.

Marina Scarr
09-09-2014, 07:53 AM
The clouds appear to have worked in your favor here, since this bird stands out so well against this background. You have lovely details, a unique pose and nice low angle. I really like how well the feather patterns show up.

Diane Miller
09-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Very nice pose and sharpness! The whites and soft shadows on the bird make it beautifully 3D, and I love the reflection and action of the beak and foot in the water.

Daniel Cadieux
09-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Fantastic feeding behaviour you show us here, I love that the face is pointing towards us to give a real sense of "back and forth" skimming action. The water dipping at the far foot is pretty cool, too. Here is one instance the the higher vantage point worked well.

Tom van den Brandt
09-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Love it, the movement in the water and head towards the camera makes it interesting.

Cheers, Tom

Simon Wantling
09-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Thank you very much for the comments. I really appreciate them.

simon

Andreas Liedmann
09-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Hi Simon , cool feeding behavior you captured .Nice tones and color and just enough detail, well done.
TFS Andreas

Gerald Kelberg
09-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Very classy young Avocet - caught at the right moment for a delightful pose - looks fabulous against that soft background. Nice detail and sharpness.

Thanks for sharing, Gerald

David Salem
09-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Nice looking frame. I like the montone look to it and the water action looks great. Well done