PDA

View Full Version : Golan Heights

Dvir Barkay
09-08-2014, 04:15 PM

Light rays penetrate the heavy clouds over the golden grass of the Golan Heights.

Sony A77, Sony 16-50/2.8 SSM at 50mm, F/8, ISO 200

Andrew McLachlan
09-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Hi Dvir, very, very nicely composed scene with good sharpness throughout. Not sure if I am seeing a touch of a greenish color cast in the distant mountains or not...let's see what others think. Nice work :S3:

Don Railton
09-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Hi Div

I too very much like those rays beaming onto the hills. I would lift the lower RH corner a little.

good stuff..

DON

Diane Miller
09-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Very pleasing, with the dark clouds at the top framing the scene. I'm always tempted to play with local contrast increases in distant hills and soft skies -- maybe using something like Nik Viveza's Structure, or High Pass sharpening.

Dvir Barkay
09-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Very pleasing, with the dark clouds at the top framing the scene. I'm always tempted to play with local contrast increases in distant hills and soft skies -- maybe using something like Nik Viveza's Structure, or High Pass sharpening.

Thanks all for the comments.

I already added some structure to the hills. The hazy skies in Israel (full of dust) makes distant landscapes seem rather hazy, I am not sure I could actually recover any more details. That is one great thing about the USA, amazing air for the most part like in Utah and stuff.

Morkel Erasmus
10-06-2014, 06:13 AM
I like the haze and the gradually decreasing detail as the eye travels deeper into the scene here, Dvir. Good use of layering and juxtaposing that with the diagonal crepuscular rays.
This seems to be a good contender for a moody monochrome!