View Full Version : Looking at me, looking at You

William Dickson
09-08-2014, 01:04 PM
Canon 5D Mkiii
f/2.8 300mm with 2xiii
f/6.3
1/640
ISO 1600

I don't usually post on here but I thought I would share this image with you. I was walking through woodland taking photographs of various birds, when I saw this deer hiding in the undergrowth. We both stared at each other, for what seemed a long time, when infact it was a couple of secs :S3:, I was hand holding my camera, I slowly raised it, (never even thought of changing the settings), and managed one shot before the deer fled into the darkness of the woods. I thought the image has a 'can he see me' look about it:S3:

Thanks for having a look

keith mitchell
09-08-2014, 01:52 PM
William very good snatch shot, the eye is super and that blade of could have messed it up if it was any closer to the eye, very well done getting this.

Keith.

Gabriela Plesea
09-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Dear William,

Thank you for participating in Wildlife and I certainly hope you will post more images in the future.

This is one cute little deer and it is such a pity he (or she) was so hidden in tall grasses! To me there's just not enough of the subject in the frame and I really want to see more. Perhaps a square crop would bring the viewer closer to the deer's face and eliminate some of the vegetation on the RHS, if the IQ can handle it. The eye seems over sharpened and a tad grainy, is this a big crop?
Love the surprised look on the deer's face, and I understand the circumstances at the time, hope you get another chance to capture this species, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Kind regards,