PDA

View Full Version : Zuka colours

Andre Pretorius
09-07-2014, 12:02 PM
Image captured just before sunset at Zuka on a windy afternoon...

Techs: D3S with 300 F2,8
1/2500 @ f5
ISO 4500

LR5 and CS6, little bit of NR on BG….

Andreas Liedmann
09-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi Andre nice soft colors and a pleasing BKG giving a lovely backdrop .Very nice tones and overall tonality .
Only thing is the tree on RHS that is distracting this lovely scene somehow.

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Andre - I like the sunset colors and tones. Placement of the zebra works well too. I don't mind the tree, just wish for the whole curve of it. I am curious about your settings in the field though. Unless the zebra was running you didn't need such a fast ss and could have dropped the ISO as well and not had to deal with any noise. Of course, it's easy to say this in hindsight and without knowing what else was around.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
09-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Thank you Andreas and Rachel.
Andreas I did not sharpen the tree, but to blur it would look a unnatural, did D&B a bit. to make the best of what is there.

Rachel, they where running when we approached, was shooting handheld just before dark, in hindsight could have gone down a bit with SS....

Andreas Liedmann
09-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Andre i did not say that you sharpened the tree , i just see it as an distracting element in the image, by knowing you could not have done a lot to avoid this.

Cheers Andreas

Carl Walker
09-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Lovely light and soft soothing image. High iso is amazing with this result. Was looking forward to seeing one of the running shots. Umm were you reading another post before you answered Andreas?:bg3:

Morkel Erasmus
09-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Love the light and colour tones here, Andre! That tree is a bit of a nuisance, purely because the rest of the scene is so clean and smooth...but for sure I won't bin this one.
This would also have worked well with a slow shutter pan, provided you nailed one of them (always a hit-and-miss eh).

Edward Arthur
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
This is a beautiful shot. I keep coming back to it. I agree if the tree could be toned down or eliminated this would be over the top. Very nice work nonetheless!

Anette Mossbacher
09-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Hi Andre, love the light and tones in this image. I have to agree to with the tree, somehow this is stopping to flow of the zebras way.

Have a great day
ciao Anette

Andre Pretorius
09-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments!

Morkel, I do not have the balls yet to try a motion blur, will try it next month in the Kalahari, Mark Drysdale told me how to…...

Will try to clone the tree or look for another in the series….

**** tree...:eek3:

Andreas Liedmann
09-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey will check personally if you have them then, if not i will tell you to try panning with the balls ,LOL.

Cheers Andreas