PDA

View Full Version : Oooooh that light's hurting my eyes !

John Robinson
09-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Obviously taking in the bright daytime sunlight. Unusual to see the irises so dilated.. Looks like hes/shes been on some funny stuff!!
One of the last shots of this family- trying out all the available perches around the farm yard. Have built several boxes to put up but if they use one it won't be the same as a site of their own choosing,
I have enough Little owl pics to paper the walls so no big deal photographically. Just want them to carry on. They have given me so much pleasure and at my time of life there aint that much left !!!
D7100
ISO 400 750th sec @f8 (Set up for flight stuff which didn't work !)
All contrast /sharp/ etc,etc, normal.
SRGB/White balance auto, centre spot metering.
PP Paint shop Pro. Whites balanced Bibble Pro.
Slight crop. Thanks for last comments.
Cheers
JohnR

Randy Stout
09-05-2014, 07:50 PM
John:

The rust softens the impact of the iron perch, great eye contact, well exposed.

Glad they have been such a fun family for you to work with, always makes it special to see them grow.

Cheers

Randy

Joseph Przybyla
09-06-2014, 07:55 AM
Love your Little Owls, very nice image. Thank you for sharing.

John Robinson
09-06-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks both. Theres certainly been a few posted..
Would be nice to get some in snow- but the way things are going snow will be the rarity !!
Cheers
John

Daniel Cadieux
09-06-2014, 11:47 AM
I suppose a natural perch would be great, but this one is rather rustic and offers a nice view of the curled talons. Opening up the aperture would soften the BG a bit more, but I realize you were setup otherwise. Love the eyes!

nick clayton
09-06-2014, 01:23 PM
The rusty perch and background makes for something a bit different. The cracking eyes are the viewpoint of the image John.

Satish Ranadive
09-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Excellent image owl with very nice expressions.

Regards,
Satish.