PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Water

Jackie Schuknecht
09-04-2014, 08:00 AM
This is an older image, I reworked it a bit, added textures, cloned out some bubble, and then used curves>negative to invert the colours. It turned into an abstract as opposed to the reality of the original. The little squiggles are the water droplets reflecting off the stream at a slow shutter speed.

Cheryl Slechta
09-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Great abstract, Jackie. I like the different directions that the flow seems to take and the fact that the background looks like clouds so it could be anything.:S3:

Paul Lagasi
09-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I would have never guessed water, looks like a high altitude image. Cool work Jackie

Randall Farhy
09-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Interesting concept, I like the overall color values and composition. Agree it could pass for clouds blended with a waterfall. I also like the sharp ink like details throughout. Onl;y thing bugging my eye is the dark blobby area protruding from the larger dark mass UL, it's a bit distracting for the composition as it breaks the diagonal without adding tension or perspective. Other than that-it's one cool abstract!

Anita Bower
09-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Beautiful colors and interesting processing. I, too, would not have guessed it was water. Definitely OOTB.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Jackie,

Greetings. What an eye catching image. I particularly like the little black squiggles. Thanks for posting. Very cool.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Jackie Schuknecht
09-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the comments. I will work on another version Randall, I think you have a valid point.

Arthur Morris
09-05-2014, 07:28 PM
This one is certainly intriguing. I'd love to see the original and try to figure out what it is.

Dennis Bishop
09-05-2014, 07:45 PM
This is one of those images that engages the mind as well as the eye. I've been searching for hidden forms within it. Using the Negative preset in Curves is something that rarely occurs to me, but it certainly works with an abstract image like this. Very nicely done.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-07-2014, 12:14 PM
This is an older image, I reworked it a bit, added textures, cloned out some bubble, and then used curves>negative to invert the colours. It turned into an abstract as opposed to the reality of the original. The little squiggles are the water droplets reflecting off the stream at a slow shutter speed. I like it with the URC darkened. Good call:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
09-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Here is the original, just a little stream with rocks:S3:

Randall Farhy
09-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Ha- I remember trying to guess what the original was a while back. I like the repost, balances the frame well. Nicely done!

Kerry Perkins
09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Very pretty image Jackie, nicely conceived and executed. Love the water and the abstract look you made from it. Very nice!