PDA

View Full Version : Indian Rhino head on

Andreas Liedmann
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Hi folks was digging in older files and found this Indian Rhino and i quite liked the head on pose and the Indian Myna ? on his back.Shortly after slowly approaching the Gipsy this guy showed us we should leave out of his way :Whoa!:.All images i took of that charge have been for the bin , because as soon as the rhino started running the driver was himself driving fast and i have just totally blurred and OOF images .

Image taken somewhere in India.

Canon EOS 1D MK IIn
Ef 500 IS L
HH from open Gipsy

F 5,6 ; Iso 200 ; 1/350 sec

Processed in DPP and PS CC ; added canvas to Top and LHS followed by cropping and leveling .

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi Andreas - I like the way it fills the frame (must have been tight if you already added canvas top and left). Nice dof, detail and textures and the bird adds to the image. Only thing I might do is burn the highlights on the top of the back very slightly. Nice one.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
09-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Hi Andreas

I like this.. It looks sharp for HH at that speed. I think I might be shaking even with tripod out in the open with this animal... I agree the top is a bit bright however I am on an uncalibrated monitor. I also see a small grass stalk coming in from the RHS that is trivial but an easy fix I would make, finally there is a bit of pattern duplication lower lhc that is again trivial but easily fixed... It's interesting to see the differences between this and the African..

DON

Loi Nguyen
09-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Hi Andreas, very strange looking animal, different yet similar to the African one. Imge is just a bit tight, but you knew that. Great to see this rhino. TFS. Loi

Andreas Liedmann
09-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Thanks guys for your comments all are much appreciated .

Agree with you about the tightness but not too tight for me , as Rachel said a frame filler . biggest problem was that i had to level the image , without the need of leveling it would have come out ok , still tight though ,

RP with burned HL (looks better ) , thanks Rachel and removed/repaired other stuff as suggested

THanks Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
09-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Hi Andreas,

beautiful image of this one, like the RP very much. A very nice position of this one in the frame, even that I like a bit more air to breath :w3

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Andreas Liedmann
09-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks Anette , agree about the breathing i can almost hear his breath, it is slow and heavy :t3,

Cheers Andreas