PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Reflection

Hazel Grant
09-02-2014, 08:32 AM
I did work on distortion here but given the fact that this is a curved building, some distortion remains in the glass, but that's just the nature of the beast as they say. I was taken by the contrast of the patio "reality" and the reflection in the building's glass front.

Don Railton
09-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi Hazel

It took me a while to get my head around what was bugging me with this image. I think I have figured it out, I think the image needs about 3 degrees rotation CW. I used the edge of the panes of glass in the center of the image, and when they are vertical the underside of the rh side of the patio is horizontal, so I think that's right. I think it was the sloping patio RHS that was bugging me, but the remaining distortion in the buildings was having me think about it a bit...

I like the reflections, I have taken a few images like this myself... It's a pity the fluro lights from inside the office are busting through the reflection but what can you do?? I agree the grubby Patio area is quite a contrast to the clean reflections/buildings. I would probably crop out the bottom car park area under the patio..

DON

Don Lacy
09-05-2014, 07:29 AM
Hi Hazel, I agree with Don on cropping out the bottom and a slight rotation, still a cool concept

Morkel Erasmus
09-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Interesting idea Hazel, I quite like it but agree with the comments above - the bottom needs to go and a slight rotation won't hurt either! :cheers:

Hazel Grant
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I adjusted the vertical and cropped the bottom. I think the result is much better. Agree?

Don Railton
09-08-2014, 03:33 AM
A lot stronger IMHO Hazel..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew McLachlan
09-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi Hazel, I really like the reflections in the glass. The repost is a big improvement, but for my tastes and a possible alternate version for yourself, I would be inclined to crop out all of the bottom elements so that all we see is the reflected building in the glass.

Hazel Grant
09-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks. I did try that but it seemed a bit surrealistic, not sure what it is to the viewer, I think. When I need such a look, I'll have it ready-made.