View Full Version : Caribou

Sharon Hallowell
09-01-2014, 03:04 PM
From a recent trip to Alaska.

50D, 100-400@220, Iso 400, 1/125, F5.6 Handheld

Thanks for looking! Sharon

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Hi Sharon - Although you've been a member since the beginning, I'm not sure that you have posted in Wildlife before. If not, welcome. If you have, welcome back. Nice to see a different animal posted too. That's a tall set of antlers on the caribou. The image has a nice painterly quality to it. The image does not have an embedded color profile which means that there may be shift in the colors depending on what browser people are using. When I take it into PS and assign Adobe RGB, the saturation seems a little strong particularly in the reds and yellows so if it were mine I would consider backing off on those colors. I think you can also apply a little more selective sharpening to the face. Looking forward to seeing more from your trip to Alaska. Any bears?

Also it would be great if you would jump in and share your thoughts on other people's images. We recommend commenting on 3-5 other wildlife images each time you post one of your own. It's the best way to get the most out of BPN, all learn from each other and foster a sense of community.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Hi Sharon

Welcome to Wildlife, I am just an occasional visitor unfortunately. This is one impressive animal and you look to be quite close which I find even more impressive. The image has a painted look to it which I don't mind, (actually quite like..) however I am not keen on the border.. Sort of drags my eye out of the image to look at the border. Hope to see more of your work..

regards

DON

Neil Burton
09-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Maybe a touch saturated but a nice Caribou image, good to see on green and not white ;)

Arthur Morris
09-02-2014, 09:19 AM
Wow! This is a wonderful image. I love the soft light and the painterly look. And oh lord, what an animal! Not to mention the perfect look-back head turn. Good job hand holding at 1/125 sec. at 220mm.....

I would love to see this with a bit more room all around. Do you have that?

Where was it created?