Photo details:
ISO 250
Shutter speed 1/1600, very small crop
F stop 2.8
Exposure bias 0
Sharpened for web

Dumay de Boulle
08-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Typical gorgeous Rietvlei morning light. I like the OOF smaller individual in the BG. It looks almost like there is a motion blur but can't be with that shutter speed. Nice one Richard!

Rachel Hollander
08-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi Richard - It is gorgeous morning light. I also see the sort of motion blur that Dumay mentions, particularly in the bottom jaw of the in focus zebra. Not sure what has caused it. Btw your image does not have an embedded color profile and when I take it into PS and convert to Adobe RGB, the red channel is blown in places. For optimal viewing on the web, it is best to convert to sRGB and embed the profile. There's a thread in the Educational Resource Forum about saving for web if you need some tips. Love the catchlight in the eye and I do like the placement of the oof zebra against the in focus one. I find the crop sort of in between though with the partial leg included. I think I would prefer it either wider or tighter. Please also include your camera and lens with your EXIF because it can help in the critique and suggestions.

TFS,
Rachel

Loi Nguyen
08-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Hi Richard, gorgeous light and BG. The crop works for me. Don't think you can go any tighter. The use of F2.8 was brilliant to put the second zebra out of focus. This is something I need to learn how to do! Never shot anything at F2.8 for fear that there was not enough DOF. The 'blur" i think was an OOF grass. TFS. Loi

Andreas Liedmann
09-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi Richard great light and colors . Just the right amount of sharpness and the DOF works great .
A very nice one .
TFS Andreas