PDA

View Full Version : Theme Wild Dogs Playing in Water IV

Rachel Hollander
08-31-2014, 08:37 AM
I thought I'd post one more August Theme image and also remind everyone that September's Theme is Close-Ups.

This is another image from our fantastic sighting of the large pack of wild dogs playing in the waterhole in the Timbavati Game Reserve.

Canon 5D3
70-200 II @ 155mm
1/1250
f5.6
ISO 400
HH from safari vehicle, cropped for comp and to remove a part of a dog on the rhs, luminosity mask, levels, curves, selective color adjustments and sharpened in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Nancy Bell
08-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Nice capture of the dogs interacting & splashing water. I have not yet had the privilege to see wild dogs :Whoa!:! The details of the grassy bkgd add some visual competition to the main 2 running dogs.

Steve Canuel
08-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Looks like they're having a good time. I like the diagonals of the shoreline and the trail of splashing water.

Richard Flack
08-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Hi Rachel, I like the sense of action and the curvature of the shoreline. Overall the image is just a little too busy for me. TFS

Dumay de Boulle
08-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Colors look perfect, nice space and great capture of the action in this scene...Great splashes. I would just take some off the top and bottom for my taste. Nicely done Rachel!

Neil Burton
08-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Only thing I might do is flip it so they run left to right? Otherwise who can argue with a doggy shot. :)

Rachel Hollander
08-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions, much appreciated. Neil - as a rule I do not flip images but thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Loi Nguyen
08-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi Rachel, sorry for being late to the party, been traveling for work. This is a very nice image of the sequence. Love the eye contact of the front dog and the trailing water. it was a pity that the 3 back dogs all merged together, but that was life. TFS. Loi

Andreas Liedmann
09-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi Rachel great action with nice water splashes . Like the overall tone and colors .
I might loose some of the top to get a cleaner frame edge . Where was your FP ? The first looks slightly softer than the second one ?

Agree being a bit busy , but would like to have this in my stock :bg3:. Good work
TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks Loi and Andreas. Andreas - my FP was purposely on the second dog. Generally, when I have a grouping I focus on the one in the middle or between them.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
09-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi Rachel,

lucky duck your are that you have seen them playing. I like very much the action and I am with Andreas with a bit busy, but that's how it is out there.
Very nice image

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Rachel Hollander
09-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Thanks Anette:wave: