View Full Version : Tree Swallows

Binu John
08-29-2014, 10:59 PM
1D Mark III + 400mm f/5.6 L
1/2500, f/8, ISO 800
Setup perch

Loi Nguyen
08-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Hi Binu, always fun to have more than 1 bird in an image. You had great interaction and eye contact here. i feel the image a little tight, not sure if you have space on the left and above. Loi

John Robinson
08-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Hi Binu
Great action stuff with the two birds as Loi says
I wonder about the backdrop though.. I always like some indication of habitat but thats just me, The backdrop on this seems - I don't know -a bit artificial- although it is prpbably completely natural.
Just my personal view. Cheers
John

Binu John
08-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks Loi! I have more room on the left and top to try the crop you suggested.

Thanks John! Those are wildflowers in the BG. May be it looks artificial as the colors are vibrant.

Hi Binu
Great action stuff with the two birds as Loi says
I wonder about the backdrop though.. I always like some indication of habitat but thats just me, The backdrop on this seems - I don't know -a bit artificial- although it is prpbably completely natural.
Just my personal view. Cheers
John

Hi Binu, always fun to have more than 1 bird in an image. You had great interaction and eye contact here. i feel the image a little tight, not sure if you have space on the left and above. Loi

Ian Wilson
08-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi Binu. Nice action captured here. I agree with John and Loi but still has plenty of interest. Regards, Ian.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-30-2014, 02:41 AM
Wonderful interaction here and great focus and sharpness on the subjects. Well timed as well Binu!

Randy Stout
08-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Binu:

Fun image, nice positioning of shapes in frame, balances well, great interaction.

The framing works for me because of the strong central action and forms, but a little more room on left and above would be a viable option.

Cheers

Randy

keith mitchell
08-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi Binu.
You have caught these birds beautifully, great interaction, bit more space would have been good, backdrop looks excellent to me.

Regards Keith.

Joe Senzatimore
08-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Great timing. I too feel it is a bit tight. Love the action and the BG.

Joe Galkowski
08-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Nice shot. The interaction is caught very well, nice timing. I like the BG and agree about a little more space. These are difficult images to acquire with DoF coverage and pose being very challenging when there are two subject. Well done!

William Dickson
08-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Well done Binu great capture :S3:

Marina Scarr
08-30-2014, 03:44 PM
I am really enjoying this image. There's lot to see and ponder. Fun and interesting action, and I like your centered presentation. BG is killer and I really love the "screaming" pose on the perched bird.

Richard Flack
08-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Hi Binu. Great interaction captured and super BG. Agree with it being a bit tight. These are super tough shots to pull off well and you have done well! Have an awesome day. Rich

Sharon Hallowell
08-31-2014, 09:25 AM
I like it as posted! Bg is sweet and sets the birds off nicely. Poses are wonderful! Great action shot! Sharon

Arthur Morris
08-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Just a tad wider would work well for me. Great work on capturing the interaction. he face on the bird on our left could go a bit lighter and could stand a bit more selective sharpening. All in all, well done.

David Salem
08-31-2014, 11:10 PM
Very cool frame Binu. Great interaction between the two and I like the disapproval of the bird on the right. The techs look good and I love that neat looking BG color. Well done

Binu John
09-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions! I'll add more space on left and top.

Ritesh Nangare
09-01-2014, 05:53 AM
Just Superb No words to Describe this shot......great Fell to frame...

mohammad reza shahab
09-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi Binu,
Great interaction captured and very nice BG.wonderful pose and colors.

Binu John
09-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks again!

Thanks Artie! I'll selectively sharpen the head of the bird on the left.

Just a tad wider would work well for me. Great work on capturing the interaction. he face on the bird on our left could go a bit lighter and could stand a bit more selective sharpening. All in all, well done.