PDA

View Full Version : INCY WINCY

John Robinson
08-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Stacking insects can get a bit tricky compared with flowers. You can see on this one I didn't quite make it with the rear of the body. This is just movement so you have to discard a frame or two and take what you can get . Done in a large glass aquarium. Good to see how stacking has taken off on here again. More people should try it.
Sigma 50mm macro,
4 stacked images
200 ISO
80th second @f5.6
Tripod remote release.
70% of full frame
Processed czm/PSPro
Focus ring method -starting near point.
Cheers
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Tricky subject but looks mostly good to me. The background - well a little garish for my taste:w3

Allen Sparks
08-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi John, Interesting subject with what I guess is an egg sac. The stacking seems to have worked reasonably well. I know it must be tough to do on insects. I've never tried it as most of my shooting is done in the field usually with some wind to deal with.

Nancy Bell
08-31-2014, 07:03 PM
Very interesting composition with the round body of the spider, the round egg sack and then all those web strands going off every which way! I like a solid bkgd to highlight all the details, especially those of the web, but this brilliant green is maybe a bit over the top.

BillTyler
09-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Nice job with the stacking. Now let's see the babies, when they hatch.

Steve Maxson
09-04-2014, 03:25 PM
An interesting shot with very nice lighting on the spider and egg sack. The stacking worked pretty well under the circumstances. I agree with Jon and Nancy about the background. You might try selectively reducing the saturation of the greens so the green doesn't overpower the rest of the image. :S3:

John Robinson
09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks
never done this before . Must try it more often !!
Cheers
JohnR