PDA

View Full Version : Jewelweed

Mitch Carucci
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Nikon D7000 with Tokina 100mm f2.8 macro. Short image stack.

I think Jewel weed flowers are quite exotic, and try to photograph them every year. This year the deer have been trimming them every few days, so the flowers were late and are just starting...

John Robinson
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
Hi Mitch
A bit more techs info would be good.When you say "short" do you mean justa few pics in the series ?? There does seem to be quite a lot of OOF stuff which could have been covered I think. Lighting is georgeous. (You have a good camera too !!!)
Cheers
John

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice flower head, I think there is a little ghosting on the stem of the centre flower. I would consider tidying up the background a little and perhaps desaturating and lightening it a little bit. The highlights on the main flower are spot on but I wonder if the image as a whole is a little under exposed.

Mitch Carucci
08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
John,

Thanks for your reply and comments. There was a bit of a breeze when I photographed this, so I was lucky to get only a few images for a stack during a lull (6). I was happy to get that, so while there is not complete control of focus, I hope the the flower is in the plane. I am still learning stacking, but am having a lot fun with it!

Mitch

Allen Sparks
08-30-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi Mitch, I like the colors and details in the flower - looks quite nice IMO. As well as comments above, I would consider cloning out pink OOF item in the LRC.

Allen

Nancy Bell
08-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Hi Mitch. The jewel flower does look very exotic. And you did achieve nice details on the flower. I would consider cropping out that top sliver of a leaf as it pulls the eye away from the flower. And consider cloning out the pink spot & the darker green to the extreme right of it. I think would give an elegant and simple composition. The orange against the dark green bkgd is dramatic.

Kaushik Balakumar
09-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Beautiful image of a beautiful flower. Lovely colour contrast between the orange flower and the green BG.