PDA

View Full Version : cone flower

Ron Conlon
08-29-2014, 06:10 AM
A cut cone flower, after a day indoors.

A stack of 7 images, taken in a lightbox with one remote flash behind a translucent acrylic panel. tripod D5100 tethered to a laptop with Helicon Remote, 200mm f6.3 1/200s ISO 100. Stacked in Helicon Focus by "Method A" which I now favor because it doesn't alter the dynamic range of the input files. Background slightly adjusted to all white and sharpened in Photoshop.

BenBotha
08-29-2014, 09:02 AM
The image looks like a Salvador Dali painting. Excellent work! Ben

Jonathan Ashton
08-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Lovely shot, I think you could make an excellent set of framed prints and they would look great. The colours are delightful and the detail is excellent.

Allen Sparks
08-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Hi Ron, Beautiful image. Color and details are great and I like the high key look too. Well done.

Allen

Nancy Bell
08-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Ron, I have come to expect these dramatic flower images from you! I love your technique and look forward to the technique explanation you might put together for the rest of us. The centered positioning is perfect for this type of flower. I wonder about an alternate presentation that would soften the center oranges to match the softer tones of the petals, or an increase in the petal pinks to match the intensity of the center.