PDA

View Full Version : Wild Dog

Dumay de Boulle
08-28-2014, 05:40 AM
I have posted one of these series before, but a different frame. I like the splashes and mud.

Canon 1D MKIII
100-400 L IS @365mm
TV 1/1000
AV f7.1
ISO 400
Exp +0.33
Evaluative metering

Rachel Hollander
08-28-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Dumay - Nice pov and the splashes do add to the image. Good exp control and it looks like the light was already a bit harsh. If it were mine I would run a lumo mask at about 25% and also take down the blues and cyans in the water slightly. Here's a rp, the changes are subtle.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Hi Dumay, yep I remember it, I think you could loose some off the top and the rock on the bottom trim without hurting the image.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
08-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi Dumay nice job getting the splash .Lovely detail and color but i think image can stand some more tonal depth in 1/4 and 1/2 tones but lesser in the 1/2.Agree with Rachel about the blues but would remove them only from the shadows .I am fine with the crop but would remove the rock ? in LRC for a cleaner edge.

I like it . TFS Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
08-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Hello Dumay!

Don't know when I last saw an image of a wild dog looking so healthy and beautiful, the colours are superb and what lovely patterns on the fur! Rachel's RP does work for me, I like the changes and the water looks more natural, IMO. I too would remove the rock but would not want to crop, I kind of like the space around the subject as per your OP. Nice and sharp and that water splash a big bonus, very special sighting and your image does justice to this species - really enjoyed viewing and kind of jealous of this sighting right now, wild dogs spotted everywhere in my area recently and I always get the news while busy behind the pharmacy counter...Great work Dumay, really looking forward to seeing more of your work, keep those images coming!

Warmest regards,

Dumay de Boulle
08-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the comments folks. Rachel well spotted (The blue in the shadow and the water)...I have also cropped as suggested.

Gregor Bergquist
08-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi Dumay

Really nice this one, and love the dogs fur. Agree with everyone else, and thin this last rp does it. I would some much like to see wild dogs...