PDA

View Full Version : Wood Ducks

Carolyn Arnesen
08-28-2014, 01:01 AM
It's always great to see a Wood Duck when you're out there birding; seeing five in a local park was a thrill on this cloudy, intermittently rainy day. They stayed in one place for several minutes until a Green Heron flew in to claim the log they were standing on, and they scattered. In a perfect world, the ones on the left wouldn't all be looking out of the frame. I added a bit of canvas on the left to give them space to look into, and used the clone stamp and content-aware move tool to fill it in. I need to better my PS skills in this area. The birds were brightened, leveled and sharpened. NR to the BG.

EOS7D, EF300mm f/4 + 1.4X, manual exposure, evaluative metering, Tv 1/500, Av 8.0, ISO 800

C & C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Arthur Morris
08-31-2014, 08:14 PM
Applying a Contrast Mask (Unsharp Mask at 15/65/0)selectively to the bird's faces or perhaps to the whole birds would like give this image a much needed boost. Same with a healthy increase in the Vibrance.... I like the image design.

Carolyn Arnesen
09-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Artie. I went back to the raw file, used the unsharp mask and increased vibrance on the whole birds.

Arthur Morris
09-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks Carolyn. I like the repost so well done on that!