PDA

View Full Version : Stepping down...

Kerry Perkins
08-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I am sorry to report that I am going to have to step down as moderator in OOTB. My wife has been battling Stage IV breast cancer for a year now (and is not doing well) and I have my own serious health issues to deal with. These issues are sapping my mental energy and robbing me of any creative drive, making it impossible for me to contribute to the forum as I should. I continue to be a fan of BPN and will be around as a member so I won't be a stranger. I appreciate all that I have learned here and hope that I have added to the body of knowledge that is available to all at BPN. Thanks to Artie, Denise, Cheryl, and Nancy for their support of and contributions to OOTB. I hope to return some day as a moderator as life sees fit to allow.

Thanks.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-26-2014, 04:42 PM
I will miss you my friend. Sending prayers your way. Hope you are able to return soon. xx

Randall Farhy
08-26-2014, 06:15 PM
I too will miss your presence, your tips and works are an inspiration. Thoughts and prayers, thank you for all you have done.

Jeannean Ryman
08-27-2014, 07:13 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. You've been a tremendous help to me (and many others) and I thank you. Best wishes.

Ian Cassell
08-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Kerry, Your photography, comments, and critique have been a real inspiration to me. My prayers are with your wife and with you and wishing you both the very best.

Wendy Kates
08-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Kerry, you have been an inspiration to me as well...particularly your many enchanting "painted" images. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. We will miss you.

Cheryl Slechta
08-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Kerry, take care of yourself and your wife and hopefully you'll be back soon.:S3: Thank you for everything you've done for BPN and OOTB.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Kerry,

Greetings. My best to you & your wife. I've greatly appreciated seeing your work and learning from your comments over the years. Thank you.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hazel Grant
08-28-2014, 07:53 PM
So many have said already what an inspiration you have been to them, and to that, I add my own Yes! Your kind comments have encouraged me, and even when there were necessary negatives (often:) you were kind and specific, guiding me to be a better photographer. May you and your wife find strength in knowing your BPN friends care and are praying for you.

Kerry Perkins
08-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much everyone for your support, it is much appreciated. I will still be around, and I hope to return in full capacity after these dark days are behind me.

gary ellwein
08-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Kerry, my thoughts have been with you since you shared your wife's medical status with the group. Thank you for your contribution to the forum. I'm glad to learn that you will continue to participate.

Dan Brown
08-29-2014, 09:10 PM
So sorry to hear this, Kerry! My thoughts are with you and your wife. Best Wishes.

Norm Dulak
09-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Kerry, all I can do is wish the very best for you and your wife, hope that you will both overcome this, and look forward to your return.

Norm

Judy Howle
09-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear the news about your wife, and hoping and praying for you both. I have always admired your work and appreciated all of your critiques and comments on my image. I hope you will be back before long.

Dennis Bishop
09-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Kerry, take care. I hope for the best for both you and your wife. No matter how frequently you may be able to interact with us, here, your contributions will be felt.