PDA

View Full Version : Fisheye on Hatchery Falls

Andrew McLachlan
08-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I used my new Sigma 15mm fisheye lens for this image of Hatchery Falls which is just a short half hour drive from my family's cottage near Parry Sound, Ontario. I discovered this waterfall last winter so decided to return for a summer scene and will do the same for fall color. I positioned the lens in such a way that the distortion aspects would be minimized.

Nikon D800
Sigma f2.8 EX DG 15mm Fisheye
Tripod and cable release
ISO 50
f22 @ 1/5 sec

Look forward to comments.

David Stephens
08-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Nice. You got good and close and let the lens grab the background. I'm not a big fan of these unrealistic long exposures of water, but I know I'm in a tiny minority, so well done in that regard.|

Colors are great and DOF is huge. Besides stopping the water, I wouldn't do anything different. I agree, this one didn't need to be de-fished.

Don Railton
08-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi Andrew

This is very nice.. There are only a few bent trees giving away that you used a fish eye, so very well executed. I like the movement, the colours and especially the rocks LRC.

good stuff..

DON

Miguel Palaviccini
09-01-2014, 04:31 PM
That wet rock on the side is what takes this image one notch up! Great job of using the wide angle feature of the fish eye without getting the fisheye look!

Looks like you had just the right amount of sunlight to not blow out the sky, which adds just a touch of blue :) Nicely done.

Andrew McLachlan
09-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Thanks so much guys...much appreciated!

Don Lacy
09-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi Andrew, Great perspective and I also like the wet rocks I bet this looks awesome at full size and resolution

Morkel Erasmus
09-07-2014, 12:36 PM
A lovely scene, Andrew, with fisheye distortion well minimised. I like the vibrant colours and will look forward to your fall version.
Water speed looks just about right to my eye...

Andrew McLachlan
09-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Much appreciated Don and Morkel!