PDA

View Full Version : Kelp Gull Juv

Dumay de Boulle
08-25-2014, 09:34 AM
I haven't posted in Avian for a long time. I know the level of the sand in the foreground slopes but thats how the beach slopes. Thanks for taking the time to view.

Canon 1D MKIII
Canon 500 f4 L IS + 1.4 Ext
AV f8
ISO 400
TV 1/2500
Exp +0.67
Spot metering

Stu Bowie
08-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Mate, glad to see you popping in again, and Im glad you did. :w3 Great low perspective, and I really like the IQ and soft light in this. Well exposed on the Juvie ( I find them more attractive than their parents ) and well timed to get the raised foot and splashes.

Andreas Liedmann
08-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Hi Dumay , nice low POV and very nice soft colors. Just the right tonality . The splashing water is a nice touch.Angle does look indeed a bit strange , but think it works .Great IQ for the combo .
Did not know you are having the 500 ? Or was it rented ?Great lens hey !!

Nice work all around .

TFS Andreas

gary ellwein
08-25-2014, 12:22 PM
I like the action with the splashing water and raised foot. Nice job with the low POV.

Daniel Cadieux
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
I really like that splashing action..the water looks nice and fresh. Sharp, great low angle. The aqua blues at top like quite good. The slope, although natural, makes the image look like it needs levelling and thus trying out a version "corrected" may turn out to be a nice alternative IMO.

Dumay de Boulle
08-26-2014, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the comments folks...I tried the rotation and reposted. It actually works, I always thought it would feel off balance....Thanks for the advice.