PDA

View Full Version : wild rose

Nancy Bell
08-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Created this with a distort, polar coordinates technique that I believe Diane introduced a while ago. Original credit goes to Carol Leigh (http://visualeigh.blogspot.com/).

I apologize for being AWOL for the past 2 weeks. I had to rush to Dallas immediately to move my parents to an assisted living facility in Arkansas, where my sister lives. My dad had fallen several times in the past few weeks & ended up in the hospital each time. We had to move him right away to a place where he would be safe. There is so much to do and consider when moving parents from their home of 20 years into a small apartment. Plus all those emotional issues. But they are now nicely settled and I'm back home.

Randall Farhy
08-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation, caring for aging parents can be daunting. Hopefully they will settle in and things will be back to manageable for you soon!

Images like this are fascinating, this one appears to be set in a ball of glass. I really like how the colors and limited textures work so well together. The darker green element works well, though I'd try removing the darker spots near the 11 and 2 o'clock positions. Nicely done!

Cheryl Slechta
08-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi, Nancy, this is very cool! Ditto on the spots :) I'm glad you're back and that you got your parents moved safely:S3:

Anita Bower
08-25-2014, 04:04 AM
Unusual image. A flower in a globe. I especially like the patterns in the yellow. I wish the flower were smaller or more complete.
It is wonderful that you were able to go help your parents move. A huge job. I do hope they settle in happily in their new home.

Wendy Kates
08-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Nancy, I hope that your parents are settling in and that your stress level is diminishing. I love the shimmering effect you have created in this image. To me, it evokes flowers floating in a bowl of water. I am definitely going to try this technique.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Ditto what Wendy has said. Sorry to hear of your parents problems. Never easy.

Nancy Bell
08-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments, both on my image and my parents. The image technique is great fun to play with!

Diane Miller
08-31-2014, 02:47 PM
I missed seeing this one -- love it! All has been said, especially about aging parents -- best wishes for all of you. It's a difficult time.