PDA

View Full Version : Casa Mila

Wendy Kates
08-22-2014, 09:21 PM
I made this image at Gaudi's Casa Mila in Barcelona. It is the ceiling of the building's attic. It's not the kind of image that is usually associated with Gaudi, but I was fascinated with the perfect geometry of the ceiling, with its repeating arcs. Comments / critiques are welcome.

Wendy Kates
08-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I realized that the color temperature did not accurately reflect the scene, so I toned it down slightly and am reposting.

Don Nelson
08-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Interesting composition. I actually prefer the color temperature in the first post - you do not have to make color temperature exactly as you saw it.
I do find the inclusion of your copyright to negatively affect the image. You might try posting without it to see the improvement.
Another thing you might try is to eliminate that light that is partially visible in the lower right corner, and balance out the lighting on the fin to remove the light falling on it.
Well seen composition!

Dave Spates
08-23-2014, 06:51 PM
I also like the color temp. in the first one better. Agree about the small amount of light coming through the window, disagree about the copyright I think it's fine maybe just bring the opacity down some

Don Railton
08-24-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi Wendy
Love the repeated patterns and the composition. Sharp with good DOF. Well seen and captured. I agree completely with removing the window corner, and I might also remove the pipe bit top RHS corner. Prefer op colour also but would be happy with either really. I try and make my copyright visible but so you have to look find it...I am not always successful at that but that's the aim.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheryl Slechta
08-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Hi, Wendy, I love the perspective on this and probably prefer the OP color balance. I'm fine with the little window corner but I could prefer a crop from the top to remove that space in the upper left (or most of it).

Valerio Tarone
08-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Hi wendy, I too prefer the color temperature in the first one. I agree eliminating the light in LR.

Morkel Erasmus
08-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Took me a while to get a "position" on this, Wendy :e3
I like the symmetry and the mind-boggling perspective. Also prefer the original post's colour temp.
I agree with Cheryl's crop suggestion.

Wendy Kates
08-24-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi all...thank you so much for all of your very helpful input. In this repost, I have used the original color temperature, cloned out the light (although not the box that framed the light...I didn't think I had enough to work with to clone out the entire box). I've also cloned out the pipe in the upper right corner, and cropped out part of the upper left corner. Let me know if my attempts at cloning / cropping worked, and feel free to make any other suggestions.

Diane Miller
08-29-2014, 11:24 PM
This is wonderful, and a very nice RP! I'm fine with either WB but maybe something in between is he sweet spot. But being Gaudi, you could justify almost anything!