PDA

View Full Version : Iceland2 N-w fiords

Valerio Tarone
08-21-2014, 10:41 AM
As i was studying the landscape I released a S line in the middle is always a strong line.
NikonD300 sigma zoom at18mm f10 1/60 iso200 Ap.prority spot WB automatic.
In Iceland qute always the skies are dramatic!
C&C accepted.

Don Railton
08-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi Valerio

I like your Iceland Landscapes..! They are very atmospheric/moody, not sure how to describe it really but they remind me of New Zealand winter on the lakes and are very appealing. In this, I especially like the reflection in the stream, and the soft floppy headed grasses silhouetted. The stream then draws me into the lake and onto the distance nicely... Great stuff. Because the stream reflection is bright and catches my eye so easily, I wonder if the edge of the stream should have been intersecting with the Lower LH corner instead of the bank..? Not that it doesn't work now using the bank, but I wonder if it might work better with the stream?? Just a thought. It depends on what is just right of frame and if you could have taken a step back or not..

regards

DON

Valerio Tarone
08-22-2014, 02:08 AM
Thank you Don, I suppose to understand: yes, a step back and I should have worked better.

Don Nelson
08-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Did you try stepping to the right to open up the s-curve of the stream? It would be stronger with the reflection showing out to the ocean.

Valerio Tarone
08-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes,I agree it would run better. But I didn't.

Cheryl Slechta
08-24-2014, 10:28 AM
Hi, Valerio, I like the mood and lighting on this one:S3:

Morkel Erasmus
08-24-2014, 03:12 PM
A nice comp that leads the viewer into the scene, Valerio. Good dappled light as well.
I felt tonally you could get more out of the scene, so a reduction in luminosity and some more detail extraction did a good job, and then I also did a very quick monochrome in Silver Efex as this has got an old school Ansel feel to it...
Cropped some off the bottom as there's a bit too much for me. This would work best if lovingly done from the high res RAW file, though.
What do you think?

Andrew McLachlan
08-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi Valerio, I like where you were going with this one and the lighting on the scene as well. Perhaps just a touch more contrast though. I do agree with Don N. on stepping up a little more to the S curve and Morkel's crop from the bottom creates more of a clean bottom edge. Look forward to seeing more!

Diane Miller
08-29-2014, 11:20 PM
This is a very pleasant scene. I like the soft colors of the image -- just a little more Clarity in the top half would work for me. There is an OOF object in the LR -- I'd crop just above it but not as far as Morkel did.