PDA

View Full Version : Sultanahmet in a golden sunset

arash_hazeghi
08-20-2014, 01:14 PM
I made this photo during my visit to Turkey in 2003. The rooftop of the hotel we were staying at had a magnificent view of the Sultanhamet (also known as the blue mosque). This colossal monument was built in the 17th century to reassert the Ottoman power, it incorporates many Byzantine architectural elements.

At the time I took this photo, digital photography was at its infancy, the equipment used was a Nikon D100 with a 6Mega pixel CCD sensor and Nikon AF-S 24-85 zoom lens. Fortunately I save the RAW file and now after a decade, I revisited this file and used modern software to resurrect this old file. I hope you like it

Diane Miller
08-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Gorgeous colors and just the right asymmetry. Raw format is one of the best inventions of western civilization.

shane shacaluga
08-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Very nice Arash. I have been there a number of times and it never fails to impress.

TFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Railton
08-20-2014, 11:26 PM
This is a pretty impressive structure Arash.. Nice light and symmetry as Diane pointed out, and lots of detail in the building for the eye to wonder over... There is a black light pole in the FG that catches my eye and a boat that is sailing out of frame that I might consider removing, but probably wouldn't bother with if this is just a nostalgic recollection.. Thanks for showing..

regards

DON

Neil Burton
08-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Always worth keeping old RAW files, even out of focus shots could one day become sharp in software...who knows! Love the light here, gorgeous colours.

Don Nelson
08-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Wow, Arash. Beautifully captured and excellent post processing of your older raw. Did you make images of the interior?

Morkel Erasmus
08-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Stunning architecture, and lovely light. Kudos for going back in the archives, some gems usually lurk in there.
I like the symmetry too. Wondering about those interior shots? :w3