PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Salvia Multiple Exposure

Anita Bower
08-20-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm new to multiple exposures. I looked at some of the ones done by Denise for inspiration.
I took this image yesterday at Longwood Gardens. It is a 5 exposure, hand-held, using a 50mm lens.
I cropped a bit, cloned a bit, added Photo Filter to even out some of the greens, added a light layer of Topaz Detail, and a CEP Vignette Blur.
As I look at it now, I think I'd like to lighten the dark area on the right side.
Thanks for looking and commenting

Anita Bower
08-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Here is a version with the right side lightened.

Cheryl Slechta
08-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Hi, Anita, I was going to say that I liked it the way it was but I think I like the lightened repost better. I like the colors and the combinations of sharp and soft parts of the image.:S3:

Anita Bower
08-20-2014, 04:04 PM
Hi, Anita, I was going to say that I liked it the way it was but I think I like the lightened repost better. I like the colors and the combinations of sharp and soft parts of the image.:S3:
Thanks, Cheryl. I was trying for some sharpness amidst the blur. I can hardly believe I'm doing blurs! So unlike me. :-)

Diane Miller
08-20-2014, 05:37 PM
You got a great mix of sharpness and blur -- keep doing these!! A little craziness is good for our endorphins.

An alternative would be to leave the right side dark and darken the left side, but that might work against your light vignette. I like both versions!

Jackie Schuknecht
08-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Nice work Anita, I like the second one with it lightened on the right. I am wondering what a version with just the purple and green would look like. (w/o the white flowers) Anyways, nice stacking it does look like it could have been done in-camera.

Anita Bower
08-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice work Anita, I like the second one with it lightened on the right. I am wondering what a version with just the purple and green would look like. (w/o the white flowers) Anyways, nice stacking it does look like it could have been done in-camera.
I, too, wondered about the white flowers. The image was done in camera.

Arthur Morris
08-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Good for just getting started with multiples. The repost is better.

Dennis Bishop
09-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Very nice composition, Anita, both horizontally and vertically. The whites are an important part of that, so I think I'd be inclined to keep them. I like the colors, too.

The darkness in the first image helps to draw the viewer's eye to the right, and it's guided back to the left by the flow of the with flowers. That -- and the curves of the green stems -- keep the eyes in the image. The second image is more soothing, and I like that. My inclination would be to layer the two in either order and reduce the opacity of whichever is on top in order to have some of the darkness but an overall softer image.

Anita Bower
09-05-2014, 04:19 AM
Very nice composition, Anita, both horizontally and vertically. The whites are an important part of that, so I think I'd be inclined to keep them. I like the colors, too.

The darkness in the first image helps to draw the viewer's eye to the right, and it's guided back to the left by the flow of the with flowers. That -- and the curves of the green stems -- keep the eyes in the image. The second image is more soothing, and I like that. My inclination would be to layer the two in either order and reduce the opacity of whichever is on top in order to have some of the darkness but an overall softer image.
Hi, Dennis. Welcome back! Thank you for your thoughtful response.