PDA

View Full Version : Theme Ghostly Duo

Morkel Erasmus
08-19-2014, 04:42 PM
While I am in the mood for monochrome Black Rhino pics...:S3:

Spending time with a Black Rhino cow and her calf is always special, as she would invariably be very alert and skittish. We were parked at a waterhole late one stormy afternoon when these two emerged from the thickets, silent as ghosts, and proceeded to quench their thirst as we quietly observed.

Techs:
Nikon D800
Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II
f5.6 | 1/500 SS | ISO-3200

Mark Needham
08-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Love it - you are the king of mono / BW! Love how both rhinos are looking in the same direction - tells a nice story and makes the viewer wonder what they are looking at. Also, love the natural vignette formed by the bordering trees, and that both rhinos are on the "rule of thirds" lines, so to speak. The tree in the middle background helps to anchor the scene. Killer image!

Rachel Hollander
08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi Morkel - This works really nicely with a great low pov, nice tones and inclusion of habitat. Good detail and techs too. Conversion is spot on for me.

TFS,
Rachel

David Kenny
08-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Your black and white conversion is really nice. Great balance of lights and darks. This is an outstanding image.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Morkel, this is a terrific B&W image. I like the similar HA of both rhinos, the acacia in the back drop, the tones & sharpness. TFS.

Dumay de Boulle
08-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Saw this one elsewhere and you know my feelings...I love this image! Great conversion.

Marc Mol
08-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Saw this one elsewhere and you know my feelings.

Yep, me too, love the low POV and the eye contact on this pair, a lovely B&W here Morkel.:w3

Brendon Cremer
08-20-2014, 08:09 AM
Works for me, really nice conversion, great tone and good detail.:5

Steve Kaluski
08-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi Morkel, nice scene and all the components work well together. Initially I thought you could lose some off the RHS, but the tree on the RHS helps for some reason, perhaps it's the vignetting on the flanking sides, likewise you would have issues with the dead tree on the ground. Like the perspective too.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
08-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi Morkel very nice conversion with good tonal range and the two majestic subjects are working very well.The rocks between the two are catching my eye , so i would try to tone them down slightly , but this is just a minor issue .

TFS Andreas

Morkel Erasmus
08-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Thank you all so much :cheers: