PDA

View Full Version : Iceland1 thin horizon

Valerio Tarone
08-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Hello to everyone! i spent 13 days in Iceland through fiords and highlands. I had problems in electronic contact of my long lens not working, so wildlife shot was very poor. I'm sorry this one image all the earlies, were shot in jpg for my disattention. Nikon D300, 60mm iso200 WB cloudy f10 1/100 EV0,0 spot in PP levels curves, sharpness in opacity and USM. many others...I hope not to bore you!!
C& C. Thank you

Diane Miller
08-19-2014, 11:24 PM
What a striking scene, and I love the composition!! I'm not sure raw would have been that much better on this one -- looks like it didn't need lot of adjustment.

I'm so sorry to hear you had camera problems. Why do they always happen on trips instead of at home?

Neil Burton
08-20-2014, 08:34 AM
I like the think horizon but would be tempted to crop a bit off the top to go more pano.

Valerio Tarone
08-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Thank you Neil. I think it's question of taste, as also next images i found more interesting the skies.

Cheryl Slechta
08-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi, Valerio, I love!!! this. I think the composition is perfect, love the monochrome and the big sky and clouds. Looking forward to more of your Iceland images:S3:

Valerio Tarone
08-20-2014, 04:03 PM
Cheryl,thank you. Thank you for looking forward..you'll see. I'm disappointed for my long lens not working:I've seen also an artic fox, nevertheless I shot it with a 60mm, it seem an 'environmentalist wildlife'.

Morkel Erasmus
08-20-2014, 05:10 PM
A very moody scene. The overall IQ is not as high as I would personally want it, but the grainy look has actually worked to your advantage here and made the image more spooky!
Could work well as a monochrome too - and I like the small sliver of land at the bottom overarched by the moody sky and clouds.