PDA

View Full Version : Abiquiu Morada in IR B&W

david cramer
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Moradas were places of worship built by the Penitente Brotherhood in the 1900's throughout small villages in New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado.

Nikon D100 converted for IR

http://davidwcramer.smugmug.com/photos/299207805_BJUtX-O.jpg

Robert Amoruso
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Great use of IR here - looks like a B&W image with rich mid-tones. The crosses are the perfect touch to balance the image. The building forms a diagonal leading into the image and to the crosses. Very dramatic sky.

I am only assuming here but another view of this scene would be walking right some, getting more detail in the front of the building and eliminating the mountain on the left.

Roman Kurywczak
05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Hi David,
Do agree that it looks more like a B&W than IR............but still interesting. Since the majority of the building is taken on the shadow side my eye is drawn away from it towards the crosses. I hope you took a few of just that as the sky and the lighting looks very dramatic on that side. Looking forward to seeing more!

david cramer
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Robert and Roman, thanks much for your comments. The more I look at this the more I think it looks too cramped, although I wanted to draw attention to the decaying skin of the adobe and then the crosses. I'll keep playing with it.

gary rouleau
05-26-2008, 09:30 PM
David, I agree with you open it up, more space on the right side would be great. Very dramatic photo.
well done .
cheers
gary