PDA

View Full Version : Always Late to the Party

Paul Lagasi
08-17-2014, 05:26 PM
We've been swamped with rain lately and crappy cold damp days, no birds to photograph but just a great for insect photography.

This young Grasshopper was very obliging and had some vivid color. I decided to use PS and convert it to an IR. Now to me it just looks like CS just converted it to B & W.

I have posted some new images on my blog from my whale watching trip in Nova Scotia, the insect photos I'll post in a few days.

Ciao for now

Jackie Schuknecht
08-19-2014, 04:25 AM
I think it looks like IR Paul, Nice details on the grasshopper. My eye seems to keep going to the OOF leaf, but that just might be me. I had a look at your blog, it is quite something.

Anita Bower
08-19-2014, 09:46 AM
I agree with Jackie re. details and oof leaf. I'd like to see this in color!

Cheryl Slechta
08-20-2014, 04:11 PM
The details in the grasshopper are great and I like the conversion. When I was a kid I used to be afraid of these guys and would have nightmares about fields of them. I'll go and check out your blog. And Paul, the heat index here is 105:S3:

Paul Lagasi
08-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Hi Jackie , thanks for comment and for looking at my blog. Its not only you, I found the more I looked at that OOF leaf, the more I wanted it gone.
Fairly simple fix, not sure why I didn't take the time before.

Paul Lagasi
08-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks Anita
Here is hopper in color

Paul Lagasi
08-21-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks Cheryl, I'll take our summer any day, 105 with humidity must be unbearable. I remember in Texas, there were days my camera focusing gave me grief at those temperatures with humidity.

Up here its been a less than stellar summer, tons of rain (crazy heavy at times) and lower than normal temps. Rain I hate, cooler temps are fine. This coming week the thermometers should be going up to at least 85 for the first time this month. We've had a few mornings in August where the morning temps have been in the low 50's.

Thanks for FB link

Anita Bower
08-22-2014, 04:12 AM
Great job on the B&W repost. After seeing the color version, I understand why you made it B&W.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Nice repost Paul. I like the b and w version the best.:w3

Arthur Morris
08-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I like both versions. Killer head angle and interesting textures. In general, out of focus stuff well this side of the plane of focus is very distracting. The funny thing is that the o-o-f leaf is much less obtrusive in the color version.