PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Plover

Adams Serra
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
This one is from Little Estero Lagoon last week.

MKIII
F 8.0
1/500
Iso 400
600 mm x 2tc
Manual Exposure

All comments are appreciated.

DanWalters
05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice low angle and great details in the whites.

Steve Maxson
05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Adams. I like the low angle, the sharpness, the exposure control, and the soft fore- and background. The blob in front of the foot detracts from the image, IMO. The posture of the bird strikes me as a bit awkward with the bend in the leg giving the bird a semi-crouched look. The way the belly feathers are sleeked down also give the bird an alert, wary appearance. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how tame and relaxed the snowys typically look over on Sanibel. :)

Steve Maxson
05-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Adams. I like the low angle, the sharpness, the exposure control, and the soft fore- and background. The blob in front of the foot detracts from the image, IMO. The posture of the bird strikes me as a bit awkward with the bend in the leg giving the bird a semi-crouched look. The way the belly feathers are sleeked down also give the bird an alert, wary appearance. Maybe I'm just spoiled by how tame and relaxed the snowys typically look over on Sanibel. :)

I just reviewed some of my images of this species and I think the "semi-crouched" look I referred to above is largely just an artifact of how tightly the belly feathers are sleeked down. When the feathers are more relaxed, more of the upper leg is covered over and this look goes away. :)

Mike Lentz
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
A beautiful image, the BG really makes this whitish bird pop!

Arthur Morris
05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Sharp and EXP handled well in somewhat harsh light. The blob is very distracting...Basic COMP excellent.

Paul Pagano
05-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Could be me, but it seems like there was too much NR applied and the feathers are soft. Wonder if it's my monitor as others have commented that it's sharp. A beautiful bird and I like the light btw.

Maxis Gamez
05-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Hey Adam,

MONACO this weekend!!!

Love the composition and light. You have nice details but I would remove the noise!!