PDA

View Full Version : Red Head

Kenn Christensen
05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I have not seen a redheaded woodpecker for YEARS around here... this beautiful bird showed up 2 days in a row in my yard.... on my suet feeder tree... you can see how beat up that tree is.... between bears and woodpeckers it takes a beating..... this bird was just below the suet feeder..... once they have visited a few times they usually land right at the feeder.. but this guy was new and landed below it..... so it almost looks like he is totally "wild" instead of a feeder bird... (Im guessing he qualifies for wild and free)......
1d mk 111
500 F4 w 1.4 TC
F8
1/125
iso 500
hand held, shot through the window, a very small amount of croping.. (tail was already at limit of frame)....
This was taken at my house near Dresser Wisconsin (35 mile NE of the Twin Cites, Mn) not far from the St Croix river.

Paul Pagano
05-21-2008, 09:06 PM
A nice image. I wish for a bit more room at the bottom. The sharpness is pretty darn good for hand holding a 500mm w/tc.

Robert O'Toole
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Paul is right the image is sharp for 1/125th handheld, wow.

Love the subject and the trunk but the uneven light has created problems with the dark face and the hot shoulder.

Robert

Daniel Cadieux
05-21-2008, 09:24 PM
You could tone down the shoulder and lighten the face a bit, but to me the biggest problem is the cliped tail. Also quite a few dust spots to clean ;-) As mentioned very impressive sharpness considering circumstances.

Arthur Morris
05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Good work by all above. For me, could use some more room all around. The clipped tail is an image killer. And, you did have some room at the top. He does look like a wild man! You need a Lens Pen kit and our sensor cleaning instructions.

Freddy Franzella
05-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Beautiful image and bird!! would like to see more room at the bottom.