PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Lily

Wendy Kates
08-15-2014, 07:14 AM
I tried the NIK CEP infrared color filter on this image. (I was inspired by Michael's yellow images.) I then applied diffuse glow in PS. I'm not sure what makes this infrared: the unusual colors? the otherworldly glow? Comments welcome.

Diane Miller
08-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't know either, but how authentic does one meed to be in OOTB? What an awesome reflection!! I might think about decentering the flower a little with some cropping from the left. The high contrast but OOF areas in thr UL get my attention more than I like.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
08-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Wendy,

Greetings. Positively electric! A slight cw rotation would work for me (but it's a close thing). Thanks for posting.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Wendy Kates
08-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Diane and Michael!

Anita Bower
08-16-2014, 12:28 PM
I can't answer your question about infrared. I do like the unusual colors. I'd clone out the black areas in the upper part of the image. Centered flower is fine with me.

Jackie Schuknecht
08-17-2014, 08:46 AM
I like your conversion. The colours are brilliant. Find my eye going that black bud on the left side of the flower. Nice entry.

Cheryl Slechta
08-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi, Wendy, I like the conversion but would definitely get rid of that black large bud in the upper part of the image.:S3:

Arthur Morris
08-31-2014, 11:16 AM
I like the colors and the glow. They look like something from the set of the Munsters.... The large black blocks of color are distracting as the upset the compositional balance by making the image top-heavy...