PDA

View Full Version : Tip Toe through the Night...

Paul Pagano
05-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I shot this last year down at the Saint Johns River in Mayport, Florida.
Pentax K10D
Sigma 50-500mm (420mm) @f/16 1/200s
ISO 320, -1EV Pattern Metered
MF, changed WB in processing to achieve color effect.

Jim Poor
05-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Pretty interesting image. I'd like to see the subject a little more to the left in the frame.

The big killer, however, is the presence of really bad sharpening halos. Easy enough to avoid with selective sharpening.

Lana Hays
05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Paul
I agree with Jim. A little more off the left. Also....the halos do detract from the image. I do like the BG colors as they add a touch of color to the silhouette.

Juan Aragonés
05-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Love it but agree with the room matter and the sharpening halos. I also suggest another round of oise reduction to the BG. the perch and the pose looks really nice

James Salywoda
05-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Very pretty bg and comp. Paul I agree about the subject placement alittle more to the left and I do see alot of noise which could use some reduction. Very Pretty Shot!!!!

Paul Pagano
05-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I'll go back and pull the original RAW file and run it through my new work flow. This is an old image that went from RAW to jpeg and was then altered some. Processing in LR with a tiff file should subdue a lot of the artifacts you see. I have to say I have the darnest time processing for the image size allowed here. My full size photos look great but when trying to resharpen and such for bpn, I usually mess 'em up!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions!