PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret Display

Raul Quinones
05-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I capture this one at Wakodahatchee @ 5/15/2008 late afternoon.
I was the only person taking picture of this beauty while it was displaying.
I have not been very active lately on the forum... only lurking... so disappointed with myself for not been able to take a decent picture on the past weeks. On the original picture the head was blur,sharpened with USM.

Thanks for any recommendations,
Raul

Paul Pagano
05-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Tough to get a good shot of an egret displaying with a decent bg. I like this. Love the head, the eye and the pretty clean bg. Maybe wish for just a bit more room at the top. Not sure if one of the plumes is cut off or no. Tough anyway to get a whole egret display in horizontal frame.

Hang in there...I shoot hundreds of images and dislike most of 'em! Keep shooting.

Fabs Forns
05-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Very attractive display in sweet ight, also wish for a bit more room on top and bottom, hope you took a lot of them!!!!

Michael Menefee
05-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Such a sight to behold, lucky you and amazing you were all alone enjoying this. I agree maybe it's a bit cramped-- but I love color and clarity here!

Arthur Morris
05-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Love the display. EXP excellent. And a good job with the fae sharpening. There are some distracting BKGR elements and the whole lower part of the frame has problems ranging from the big branch to the o-o-f leaf (?) in front of the legs...

Freddy Franzella
05-22-2008, 05:25 PM
WOW gorgeous image!! i love the feather detail here!