PDA

View Full Version : This Great Blue Heron Has A Leg To Stand On.

Daniel Cadieux
08-10-2014, 08:31 PM
A totally tame Great Blue Heron (juvenile) has been allowing me to experiment with some fun stuff. Not all the experiments turn out well, but I thought this one was quite pleasing.

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/10, ISO 400, natural light, handheld, FF image, a couple of oof vegetation peeking into the frame cloned and content awared out, minor perch clean up (one area of white wash and a couple of distracting specks, a taller blade of grass cloned out from between two toes.

Mike Milicia
08-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Great idea and love the way the toes wrap around the rock. Excellent exposure, comp, DOF, and detail!

As much as I usually like having a touch of green in an image, I feel that this one is so much about shapes and graphic appeal that it would move up another notch without the grasses.

Gabriela Plesea
08-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Hello Daniel,

While browsing through the Avian Forum my eyes were drawn to this image instantly - very attractive and I agree with Mike on the graphic appeal. Love the originality and your thinking here, this is quite an eye catcher and well executed (as always), I just feel that it would be even more pleasing without the grasses on the RHS:w3

Always a pleasure viewing your images:S3:, shall try pop in to Avian more often and I am busy working on something to post as well...

Warmest regards,

shane shacaluga
08-12-2014, 05:56 AM
nicely done Daniel. Very original and it works well. Good use of the DOF

TFS

Doug Brown
08-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Very cool. Bird feet remind me of dinosaur feet (at least what I imagine dinosaur feet look like). Sharp throughout due to your aperture selection. Like it a lot!

Binu John
08-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Beautiful shot, Daniel! Love the idea and composition! The details are awesome as usual! Perfect DOF! Well done!

Lorant Voros
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Very artistic and original. Nice idea and a beautiful image, Dan.