PDA

View Full Version : Moth

Jonathan Ashton
08-10-2014, 04:03 AM
Tripod Canon 1DX Canon 180mm macro ISO 5000 1/100 sec f16 (Flash gun not operative hence the settings)
A pal of mine is a Ranger and he gives me a call when he has set his moth trap. First thing in the morning we take a look and he logs the results then I get to take a few images before the moths are safely released into the surrounding bushes. Unfortunately I have lost the name of this moth but I think he looks cute in this pose. All comments welcome.

Allen Sparks
08-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi Jon, that is a nice pose. I like the droopy antennae. Nice details on the moth. The oof green on the perch is a little distracting to me and I would think about cloning out the darker blob in the RLC but those are nits. A very fine image.

Allen

Steve Maxson
08-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi Jon. I like the pose with the fuzzy moth seeming to look right at us. Also, nice perch, exposure, and background. Like Allen, my eye goes to the OOF lichens just below the moth. If this area would have been sharp, this image would be over the top! :S3: I might suggest cropping a little off the top and left.