PDA

View Full Version : A gift for my love

Rosl Roessner
05-21-2008, 04:18 PM
My second image from the Bee-eaters.
Hope I did a better job with the post-processing?

Love your critique...

Mk III / 500mm+ 2x TC

Steve Maxson
05-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Great action and lovely colors, Rosl. I like the nice even light. You might consider cropping a bit from the left.

Sid Overbey
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Beautiful colors. I really like the action. Great shot.

Maxis Gamez
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi Rosl,

I like this one better. The colors could be a little more vivid but the sharpening is on the money. Can I ask why you are photographing these birds with the 2x? are you that far?

Thanks!

Arthur Morris
05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Smoking. What happened to the little upwards pointing branch that you liked??? As good as this is, ligthening the red irises would improve it, as would a small crop from the left and the top.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Great interaction and wing spread. Adding to the other comments, there is some posterization in the BG, maybe from reprocessing the jpg file.

Alfred Forns
05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm impressed Rosl !!!! Can't add much more than has already been suggested but wanted to give you my Big Time Congrats on this one !!!!

Rosl Roessner
05-22-2008, 12:56 AM
Thank you for your gentle critique.
@ Maxis, there is a small group of Bee-eaters not too far from my home. They come for only two or three years to that new breeding place. We are really afraid, that they would pass, if we go too near to them and disturb their breeding.
So, I stay in a distance and use the TC.

@ Arthur: in this image the little branch was near the bird, so indeed it did disturb (even in my eyes...) :-)
I'll try to lighten an saturize the red of the eyes, that's a good idea.

Marko Matesic
05-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Precious moment Rosl! ....colors and techs are great.....I am glad that you use 2x and did not disturb them :)

Jan Bleil
05-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi Rosl!
A great picture. Taken in Germany??? WOW! I think I have to to come to see...

Hallo Rosl,
eine tolle Aufnahme. Bei Dir "um die Ecke" entstanden? Ich glaube ich muss dich mal besuchen kommen:D