PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mother and Calf

Rachel Hollander
08-07-2014, 06:57 AM
I thought I'd post another mother and child theme image. This one as first light hit the mother and calf early on our first morning at Londolozi in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. Taken at about 6:45 am. It was just a quick encounter as the eles headed into thicker brush and we headed our way. There's another juvenile mostly hidden by the mother.

Canon 5D3
300 II
1/400
f5.6
ISO 3200
Beanbag from safari vehicle, ff, levels, curves, selective color adjustments, sharpened in CCPS.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Steve Kaluski
08-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Hi Rachel, very nice light, albeit subtle, for me it works very well. Cracking detail and if you did adjust the sharpening then it looks much better. Like Andrea's Stag, this too could benefit from more room around it I feel, especially at the foot, tut's the problem with fixed lens:w3. No issue with the minimal tint in the sky, that's what it was. Darks/shadows controlled very well, good job!

TFS
Steve

Loi Nguyen
08-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Hi Rachel, nice soft light and it is always great to see mother and child. Good details and sharp. I too feel it is a bit tight, may be your 70-200 would have been better. TFS. Loi

Rachel Hollander
08-08-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks Steve and Loi, I too would prefer a bit more room especially below and to the left.

Thanks again,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
08-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Rachel , lovely subtle early morning light in this frame .Colors looking very nice , even if there is some blue creeping through , but works well :w3.
Lovely processed with good detail /sharpness . Very much like that you have detail in the eyes :cheers:. Only little nit is as already stated a wee bit tight .

TFS Andreas

Rachel Hollander
08-18-2014, 06:48 AM
Thanks Andreas, much appreciated.