PDA

View Full Version : Another Green Heron.

Daniel Cadieux
08-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I say "another", but its actually the same tame individual. As with most tame subjects I worked it for a variety of images with different looks, from small-in-the-frame to up close and personal portraits. For this one I went with the very low angle that I am so fond of...I had to lie down surrounded by goose poop, but in retrospect it was well worth it I think:S3:. I was very fortunate when it began mainting its large claws as this added a something a bit more dynamic that a static pose (although I have nothing against those either!). I was also fortunate to have bits of greenery protruding out of the water.

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/7.1, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF image.

Aidan Briggs
08-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey Daniel, Love the smooth high-key look and especially the green vegetation. I'm all for the pose too. More eye contact would have been nice but I don't think its really necessary with the cool pose. Neat to see the claws on the feet so clearly.

gail bisson
08-06-2014, 03:29 AM
This is really nice Daniel.
Love the preening pose and the clear view of the foot.
The super low POV and the still silvery water makes for a nice image.
I really like the little bits of vegetation but wish the ones intersecting the tail were not there. Easy fix if you felt so inclined to remove them,
Gail

David Salem
08-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Good look at those big feet as it's cleaning them and I like the high keyish look to this frame. The grasses help to make the image special. Well done.

Joseph Przybyla
08-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Nice image Daniel, almost like captured on a foggy morning. I like the feeling it conveys.

Binu John
08-07-2014, 11:03 PM
Beautiful shot, Daniel! Super pose, POV and exposure! Excellent processing too! Well done!