PDA

View Full Version : turk

stuart wanuck
08-04-2014, 05:58 PM
nikon d 800
180 mm

Jonathan Ashton
08-05-2014, 11:53 AM
Nice shot Stuart, for m the colours are just a tad heavy what do you think of this version? I used levels then went to the gamma slider and adjusted the reds a tad and the RGB a tad.

Ron Conlon
08-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Passion! Yes, the reds are clipped, but if they weren't it wouldn't have the same boldness.

stuart wanuck
08-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Think I like my bolder image

Diane Miller
08-06-2014, 01:36 PM
There is no embedded profile in the OP so no telling what other people are seeing. When an image without a profile is opened in PS, it should be set to warn you of that. Edit > Color Settings. Johnathan did embed it, and an interesting side note is that I'm using Firefox, with the switch set to assume an untagged image is sRGB, and both the OP and the RP are identical!

There is a sticky in ETL about seeing images correctly on the web. It needs updating and some simplifying, which I'll try to get done later today or tomorrow.

Steve Maxson
08-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Stuart. On my monitor, the original image appears rather oversaturated and I like what Jon has done in his repost. You have good sharpness throughout, the water drops add interest, and I like the somewhat unconventional crop. You might consider cloning the blurred orange object (pistol from another flower?) on the left side under the petals. Well done!

Diane Miller
08-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Anyone seeing a difference in the untagged OP and the properly tagged RP has an issue with their browser that can (mostly) be fixed by switching to Firefox (free) and setting a simple switch. (How many other images are being seen wrong because someone didn't embed a profile and you are using a browser that doesn't make the most obvious assumption that the profile might have been sRGB?)

See the sticky in ETL about seeing colors correctly on the web. I've just updated it if anyone had the older version -- it's a little more comprehensive and better organized.