Taken from below to show stalk arrangement
Sigma 50mm macro
D 200
100 ISO
15th sec @f5
13 images stacked CZM

Tripod Remote release.

80% of frame.
I wonder if people doing stacking are roughly working out the DOF they are getting at given apertures and lenses etc. I dont reckon there needs to be so many images in a "stack" The more there are of course the more chance of errors. It is useful to have an idea of your DOF at specific settings.
Thanks for comments on my last pic.
Cheers
JohnR
<fieldset class="blockrow" style="margin: 5px 0px; padding: 5px 10px; border: 0px none; background: none rgb(44, 44, 44);"><legend style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px 5px; color: rgb(132, 132, 132); font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; line-height: 14.760000228881836px;">http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/images/bluefox/misc/paperclip.png Attached Images</legend>

</fieldset>

Ron Conlon
08-06-2014, 07:01 AM
Perhaps a little more room? Excellent use of black background and stacking on a back view--the extended depth of field is perfect here.
For the number of shots in a stack, I go as fine as I can, if I don't there is inevitably a missed focal plane. So, I think that in my case errors are less likely if I shoot more.

Steve Maxson
08-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Hi John. Your stacking worked well. I like the unusual low viewpoint and the lighting in which the white flowers seem to glow against the black background! I might suggest adding a little more room at the top, but otherwise this is very nicely done!