PDA

View Full Version : Cape Robin-Chat close up

Tobie Schalkwyk
08-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Just a fun pic at a bird fountain taken from inside the house, in late afternoon sun. I've erected the fountain about 6 weeks ago and it's amazing how many birds are visiting already on a daily basis.

I would have preferred both leggs fully in the scene but this is all I was offered so I took it! :S3:

Basic midtone adjustments & shadows raised in LR. Substantial crop.

All C & C's welcome.

Nikon D600
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR @ 200mm
f/4.5 | 1/800s | 320 ISO | tripod

vishaljadhav
08-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Tobie this is a nice image
head angle shows that eye nice and clear, I like the colours, for a substantial crop the sharpness is decent
the LRC oof bright one somewhat takes the eye away , may be a good idea toning it down
i am sure once more visitors come you will make many images there

Stu Bowie
08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Hi Tobie, looks like the Robin was asking to come into your house - cool pose. Colours look spot on, and we have a great view of the eye. Being a set up, I would rearrange/modify it, so when shooting from inside your house, you have a full view of the legs and feet. :w3

Tobie Schalkwyk
08-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Hi Tobie, looks like the Robin was asking to come into your house - cool pose. Colours look spot on, and we have a great view of the eye. Being a set up, I would rearrange/modify it, so when shooting from inside your house, you have a full view of the legs and feet. :w3

Thanks for commenting Stu! During the planning phase I've had this image in my head of them sitting on top of these obstacles which they're now sitting next to! I'm definitely going to change it soon as they're obviously not good readers of the human mind! :t3

keith mitchell
08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Tobie legs and feet are a bit of a problem but that apart it,s a very nice image of this smart looking bird.

Keith.

Binu John
08-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Very nice shot, Tobie! I like the vertical composition, pose and details! Looking forward to see more setup shots. TFS

David Salem
08-05-2014, 03:29 AM
Nice detail in this one. The feet missing dose not bug me too much but I wish the shadows werent as pronounced. I guess shooting from the house didnt give you the opp to move around. Well done

Satish Ranadive
08-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Excellent image. Beautiful colors and details. Rest is mentioned by Start Sir.

Regards,
Satish.

Tobie Schalkwyk
08-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for looking & commenting everyone!