PDA

View Full Version : Another In-camera HDR on the Rosseau River

Andrew McLachlan
08-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Here is another in my series of in-camera HDR images I created along the Rosseau River back in early July, after significant rains raised the river level substantially.

Nikon D800
NIkon 18-35mm @ 18mm
ISO 50
f16 @ 1/5 sec
polarizer

Look forward to comments.

Don Railton
08-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi Andrew. Nice sense of motion captured here and with an appealing BG. What I am not so keen about is that the water is very chaotic and my eye gets a bit lost and tangled. It probably conveying what it's like to be in the river however...

Regards

Don

Morkel Erasmus
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
I like this Andrew, makes me feel like I am standing in the cascades, although a sliver more "rock" at the bottom would have been a nice anchor - good choice of water speed too.
The in-camera HDR rendered this one much more naturally to my eyes.

Don Nelson
08-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I like the movement in this water, and especially the angle of view chosen emphasizing the position of the water flow.
I also wonder about the color of the water -- normally this color (like some of the tea-stained rivers in the amazon)? or soil run off.
We don't often see so much brown color in water out west - a very notable exception is photographing the Grand Falls near Flagstaff, Az -- which only runs well after a rain and looks like solid brown water flowing over the rim of a high falls (woe to the photographer that gets the spray on their equipment - it is fine silt and sand).

Andrew McLachlan
08-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated. Yes the slight brownish color is from the soil wash...just down river from this cascade is a small pool where some of the soil particles are able to settle out and then the subsequent cascades are a little cleaner looking.