PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Hi All,
Wasn't sure whether to post this in wildlife or macro, as this was shot with my 500 II & 1.4X TC on a 7D I am posting here. Well this was a wild chameleon I clicked at Kabini River, KA, India. Handheld!
1/400
f/5.6
ISO 400
700mm FL

Rachel Hollander
08-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Hi Sanjeev - for me this is one of your best! Love the pastel color palette. Sharp where it matters and excellent detail. I like the comp too. Congrats!

TFS,
Rachel

Gregor Bergquist
08-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Sanjeev

I´m glad you posted it. I fully agree with Rachel. Absolutely love the colors. Killer shot :)

Cheers :cheers:

Andreas Liedmann
08-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi Sanjeev very nice frame ; meanwhile you are able to achieve very good results with 7D , wonder where that comes from :w3.
Like this all around with good tones /colors and sharpness .
I might think about adding a curve for more tonal depth in the 1/4 tones of the subject.

Ps : this is not a Chameleon , it should be a Garden Lizard , think it is Calotes versicolor with it scientific name.And guess it is either a an adult female or young male .

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Thanks Rachel, Gregor & Andreas. Appreciate your comments and feedback. Andreas, thanks for correcting me, I was not at all sure of ID, just took a wild guess :-)

edwardselfe
08-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Lovely image - can only agree with above comments. For me, I would like more below and less above, but that's just me.
Ed

WillieHall
08-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I agree with all above, great BG and detail for this interesting reptile. I would be interested to see a little more room on the right and less on the left, just me tho.

Nancy Bell
08-04-2014, 12:52 PM
This is great with the sharpness and the details in the face and that fabulous eye! Love the close-up view you achieved! I wouldn't change a thing.

Gabriela Plesea
08-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Err...more below, less above and a tad less on the LHS is what I wish for :t3 At the same time, this is lovely Sanjeev, sharp where it counts and great POV! Lovely colours, great pose, nice IQ, very well done!!!

Kind regards,