PDA

View Full Version : Stop, my foot itches

Nonda Surratt
05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Just to continue the sq theme. One of my fav subjects is young squirrels at play, on going project. The 300+2x is too long, but sq play is like spontaneous combustion so you go with what to have since planning for it doesn't happen. It also can stops as fast as it starts:) Rather liked the blur and still.

Loads to critique here, hope it brings a bit of a smile too.

MIII, 300+2xtc, ISO 400, f7.1, 1/200

Alfred Forns
05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
So do I Nonda !!! What a riot !!!

As presented would go tighter from the left. You go the tail clipped so might as well cut it. The other looks fine or could go slightly more. I the difficulty in lens selection but would go with less focal length. Easier to crop a little than adding !!!

Exposure looks good and the other squirrel is sharp. Settings wise might bump up the ISO for shutter speed. Any little movement would be lost at the current speed? Not talking about the fast scratching !!! Looking forward to more !!!

Nonda Surratt
05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Alfred, I much prefer the 300 straight up with these guys, no doubt, + it does AF faster! Very much needed when trying to follow these guys and higher ISO!!

The blurred one was still in full play mode when the other one just stopped. I do these guys in burst and some of the positions are a flat out riot. Shade and lack of shutter speed (she who forgets to crank up the ISO) kills most. I can get so engrossed with what is going on I forget, completely, to make adjustments to the camera, brain in park:(

Gus Cobos
05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Very nice Nonda,
I like the action here with these little guys...:D

Sid Overbey
05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Too cute. I love these kinds of shots. Nice capture Nonda.

Nonda Surratt
05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks Gus and Sid.