PDA

View Full Version : Sunlit Leaves Reflection

Mike Moats
05-21-2008, 08:50 AM
Sunlit leaves reflect in this close-up of bridalveil falls in the columbia river gorge, Oregon. Fuji S5 Pro, Sigma 180, tripod, F22. @ 2sec.

Robert Amoruso
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I really like the flow of the water in this Mike - especially the streams coming off the lower rock.

The green flow, combined with the white flow presents a nice abstract pattern and the rocks are well placed overall, however it feels just a bit too tight on top near the upper rock tip.

I am guessing it was fast moving as you got a lot of motion for a 2 sec. shutter speed.

Roman Kurywczak
05-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Mike,
You know I like em' tight....but I must agree with Robert on this one! ........creates a little too much tension up there and a little extra space would add overall compositionally. Everything else is right on!.........overall for me..........this one has a great look to it! As Robert mentioned.the combination of the abstract patterns and color combined with the soft feel put this one over the top!

Mike Moats
05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks Guys, I realized that I shot it to tight after I got home, but to me the main focus was the lower part and didn't add enough on the top. I suppose I could add some canvas up there.

Vincent Grafhorst
05-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Wow this looks surreal Mike and could very well be a painting. I love it, but do agree that it is a bit tight, I would love to see a bit more on the right rather and the top. Very inspiring.