PDA

View Full Version : Poppies

Nancy Bell
07-27-2014, 01:13 PM
While walking to a small outdoor restaurant up in Newfoundland, I discovered the most glorious grouping of huge poppies. I struggled to photograph them from the edge of the property. The kind owners noticed and generously invited me in. They were amused, and pleased, that I could spend so much time admiring and photographing their flowers! So sorry that I did not get any info to now send them an image.

Topaz simplify 4, line & ink, and fractalius; both layers selectively applied & erased in various opacities.

Anita Bower
07-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Glorious image! I love everything about it: colors, composition, getting in close, processing. Just lovely.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
07-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Nancy,

Greetings. Wow. Really like the color along with the fine detail. Beautiful, Nancy. Might tend toward the Internet Explorer version a little brighter, a more saturated toward red than orange. But either way a striking image. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hazel Grant
07-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Beautiful And thanks for the steps used.

Nancy Bell
07-28-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks Anita, Michael & Hazel. Working on this image felt a bit like painting. It was fun!

Diane Miller
07-28-2014, 07:09 PM
This has Georgia O'Keeffe written all over it!! Beautiful shot and treatment.

If I had a nitpick it would be the black triangle in the LL.

Paul Lagasi
07-29-2014, 02:59 AM
Very nice composition, love the effects, colors rock...TFS

Cheryl Slechta
07-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Nancy, this is beautiful. I love the rich colors and the close view. Also, the lines that Fractalius created are nice!

Nancy Bell
07-30-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks everyone! Whenever I see huge poppies I also think of Georgia O'Keeffe! Her work is always an inspiration to me.

Diane, I never even saw that triangle! I'll need to think about what to do with it.

Diane Miller
07-30-2014, 03:32 PM
I'd just clone in the red from the adjacent area. With a little patience you could extend the veins and make it look natural.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-30-2014, 05:10 PM
The colours are luscious. Minor detail about the LLC. I keep wishing for a bit more detail in the center of the flower, but that's just me!

Randall Farhy
08-20-2014, 11:17 PM
I'm drawn to abstracts and this one is absolutely gorgeous! Colors, textures, vibrance and composition are spot on. My mind can't help but wonder how a nebulae or galaxy image blended into the center of the left flower would look. Well done!