PDA

View Full Version : Osprey II.

Karl Egressy
07-23-2014, 05:09 PM
This is a follow up to the image I posted yesterday.
I processed four out of ten but none of them are without problems. One as indicated yesterday, the cleanliness of the water surface.
The other unfortunately the noise I have to deal with.
Let's hope that the action overrides the imperfections.
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D
Canon 400 f5.6 L.
ISO 640
1/2500 s
f6.3
HH

Grace Scalzo
07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
That is some powerful action, a shot that I have desired but yet to execute. I see a bit of a magenta cast and you noted some other problems….I personally would work a bit more on this given its potential . Is that a trout?

Randy Stout
07-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Karl:

Great sense of action, timing. Agree with Grace's points.

Your self comments are good as well. I do wish the near wing was open a bid more.

Cheers

Randy

Karl Egressy
07-23-2014, 07:33 PM
That is some powerful action, a shot that I have desired but yet to execute. I see a bit of a magenta cast and you noted some other problems….I personally would work a bit more on this given its potential . Is that a trout?

Thanks Grace.
I was told the name but I forgot.
I'll post one more from a ten days earlier shooting, where the fish shows well and more recognizeable.
Maybe you know more about fish than I do.

Ishmeet Sahni
07-24-2014, 05:58 AM
An amazing action shot. I do love the lens you are using, I have one too. Sadly it hardly gets used.

Mike Koopmans
07-24-2014, 07:09 AM
You mentioned some technical imperfections yourself, so you won't hear me say anything about that, but this is still an awesome moment and a beautiful shot! Very cool and something I hope to be able to photograph myself someday too :).

David Salem
07-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Really nice Karl. Love the pose and the action. I would start from scratch and work on the head and face the most. Cleaning up the catchlight can make a big difference on the clarity of the eye. Great capture.

keith mitchell
07-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Karl agree with yourself critique but you have certainly caught the action, great shot.

Keith.

Richard Flack
07-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Great action shot Karl. Takes some skill to get this shot in the first place. Well done

Binu John
07-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Excellent action shot, Karl! Love the pose!

Petros Petrou
07-25-2014, 11:57 PM
Great action shot. There is some magenta cast and some other minor things noted but I wish this was mine. I have never managed to get that close to an Osprey fishing. TFS